Born on 25 March 1943 of Catalan origin, but French by adoption, he studied Biology at the Research Centre for Marine Biology, adjoining the Sorbonne in Banyuls-Sur Mer with a particular interest in Anthropology, Philosophy and Chinese Medicine (which he went on to study for over ten years), as well as Bio-Energetic Psychology and Naturopathy (natural remedies to cure illnesses).
In the early seventies, Henri Chenot created the first of a series of phytocosmetics and phytotherapy laboratories, illustrating new thalassotherapy techniques to colleagues.
As president and founder of the International Phytocosmetics Association, Chenot began to travel Europe to illustrate, through numerous conferences, his own idea of preventive healthcare thanks to adequate diet, proper lifestyle and use of natural remedies.
He obtained a master's degree and a doctorate in Psychology and an "Honoris Causa" doctorate in Human Sciences from the University of Kensington.In 1974 Henri Chenot opened the first Espace Henri Chenot at the Cannes Polyclinic and in the early 1980s transferred to Alto Adige, where he inaugurated the Espace Henri Chenot in Merano.
In 1999 Henri Chenot created Biontology, a new concept for studying the evolution of psycho-physical ageing. He founded the Academy of Biontology in 2004 and the Biontology Laboratory in 2008.
- 1984: "La dieta energetica" (Rizzoli)
- 1994: "L’equilibrio naturale – Ecologia del corpo” (Rizzoli)
- 1998: "Le sorgenti della salute" (Sperling & Kupfer) →
- 2005: "Il codice segreto della salute" pubblicato in più lingue (Sperling & Kupfer)
- 2008: "Ogni minuto della vita" (Sperling & Kupfer)
- 2010: "Cure de santé" (Robbert Laffont)
- 2011: "Detox – Più sani, più giovani, più magri (i grilli)" (Sperling & Kupfer)
- 2016: “Curare la salute e vivere sani con il metodo Chenot” (Mondadori)