Palace Hotel Merano
Over five hundred years of charm in a luxurious historic setting
The story of the Palace Hotel Merano began in the early twentieth century, when entrepreneur Peter Delugan purchased the land where the Maur castle stood; this castle dated back to 1676. The land, along with the enormous adjoining parkland, boasted a plant nursery, a vegetable garden, a vineyard and a splendid botanical garden and up to then it was a place for pleasure trips which were becoming increasingly popular among the nineteenth-century European aristocracy. A decision was taken to build a luxury hotel that could appeal to their refined taste and after only 18 months, in 1906, the Palace Hotel opened its doors.